Building Compliance Officers
Senior, intermediate or cadet levels available
Wairoa District Council is seeking a Building Compliance Officer to join our team to deliver premium service to our community. There is opportunity for this role to be at a senior, intermediate or cadet level.
This permanent full time role exists to meet Council's responsibilities as a building consent authority as part of Council building compliance team.
Candidates should be customer focused, practical problem solvers, with good communications skills, be self-motivated and have the ability to work with minimal supervision.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- NZ Diploma in Building Control Surveying (Small and/or Medium/Large Buildings) or a commitment to working towards a NZ Diploma in Building Control Surveying
- A common sense helpful approach
- Previous experience working in the building industry is highly desirable
- The ability to assess processes and procedures and develop these to ensure compliance with the Building Act and Building Code
- Strong interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills with the ability to present sometimes complex information to others in a manner that can be easily understood
- System orientated with good computer skills
Please apply via Council's careers portal on our website www.wairodc.govt.nz or complete an application form which is available from the Council office then email with a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Private & Confidential
Ref: Building Compliance Officer
Wairoa District Council
PO Box 54
Ph: (06) 838-7309
The Wairoa District Council is an equal